Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Friends in high places






"Nothing is far from God"
                 
                -St. Monica







I am a wife and mother of 5 sons.  All dear sweet boys raised in the Catholic Church. In the early years it was good and easy to answer their questions about God and Jesus.  For years church, school and sports were the normal routine of life.  All that changed when our oldest son went to college.  He was attending the same school his father did.  No coed dorms in dad's day but unfortunately all that has changed.  Looking back it was shear stupidity on our part to think he was prepared for the collision with the opposite sex every day.  Of course this was a state school, no morals no values no God, 18 years later he and two of his brothers are not attending Mass.  It is the farthest thing from their minds.  I live with a broken heart like so many other moms. 

The John Paul and Anne novena prayers along with St. Monica and St. Augustine have become an important part of my summer prayer.  I rarely finished a novena before connecting to this Web site.  Now these novenas give me a sense of security.  The Saints were all once like me, waiting, hoping, praying for peace in the family and peace in the world.   If you are waiting for a son or daughter to find their way back to their true home the Saints are there to intercede.  One of my sons shares a birthday with St. Augustine and yes he continues to resist the truth of God's love for him and his need for that love.  A year ago I was thinking St. Monica  had it easy compared to me.  As the year has passed I have grown to trust in God and not in what I think I see.  I have a gentle appreciation for the journey my sons are on and for the mothers who have gone before me, rosary in hand , hope in their hearts.

May you find blessing in these novena prayers as I have.   PrayMoreNovenas.com

No comments: