Saturday, October 3, 2015

I will spend my Heaven doing good on earth


I would like to briefly share my relationship with St. Theresa of the Child Jesus.  When I was 32 I was given the diagnosis of lupus.  I had just given birth to my second son Gregory.  I was in so much pain I saw a rheumatologist who made the diagnosis.  I could not accept that fate as I had two sons a husband and my life ahead of me.  Instead of taking the medicine and going to bed I looked for alternative ways to find relief from the pain.  We lived close to a Chiropractic college were I was able to get some relief.  I made major dietary changes that seemed to help as well.  Somewhere in all of this I began a Bible Study with one of my neighbors.  I am from the age of Catholics who don't read the Bible so it was a big step for me.  As I began to feel better I wanted another child, something I was told by the doctor not to do.  I did it my way and became pregnant with our third son Dan. 

A few weeks after his birth I became very ill again spending most of my days in bed.  I began watching the 'Be Healed Ministries'.  Pat Robertson and his wife just sat on the screen and chatted about Jesus healing people right through the television screen, I'm a Catholic we don't believe this stuff.  I passed the time watching and wondering why they were all so happy. 

Before Dan was six weeks old we were moving again and I was very sick.  I was walking very slowly in front of our house and heard a voice say,  "start a prayer group".  I knew in my heart it was St. Theresa of the Child Jesus.  I had never heard of her but she let me know who she was.  In spite of my illness I had several of the women in the neighborhood going to Bible Study with me so I simply asked if they wanted to start a prayer group.  Out of 20 or so invitations four of us showed up.  No one knew how sick I was, they only knew I spent a lot of time in my house. 

We sat down in my family room with no plan we just knew we were suppose to pray.  Three Catholics and one Born again Christian.  There was a woman in our neighborhood who was dying of lung cancer so we would pray for her.  Before we could get started I could feel my body starting to go dark as if I was actually passing out or perhaps dying.  I spoke these words,  "Jesus please heal me".   Immediately the room was filled with the power of God.  Jesus stood in front of me and said,  "I am going to heal you", I felt the power of God going through my body and could actually tell what was being worked on.  Two other women in the room experienced healings that day as well. 

Bill had already been transferred from Springfield to Boston so a few weeks later we moved to Holliston, Massachusetts.  St. Theresa was a guide for me in the early years of my conversion.  I studied and practiced her, "Little Way".  I was not completely healed until I followed her all the way back to my Catholic faith bringing the family of then four boys, and a husband with me.  Yes it took awhile because I am very stubborn, I didn't want to surrender to Lupus or to the rules of the Catholic Church.  Peace and health are found in surrender.

To you my beloved St. Theresa The Little Flower, I say thank you for having the faith to bring my foolish life before the throne of God and ask for my healing.  Thank you for bringing your beloved Jesus into my life.  Because of you I have for years prayed for the gift of Love.

I look forward to meeting you again some day in heaven.

Saint Theresa The Little Flower, please pick me a Rose from the Heavenly Garden and send it to me with a Message of Love.  Ask God to grant me the Favor I Thee implore and tell Him I will Love Him each day More and More.  Amen

AUDIO BOOK: The Story of a Soul by St. Therese

Margaret of Souls for Jesus

No comments: