Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Where Are the Children?

What has happened to our children???  

As I anticipate this Birthday of Christ I can't help but think of my own family. I have 5 sons, yes a quiver of sons, a gift from the Lord, Psalm 127.

Truth be told the most memorable emotion I have from giving birth to my first son and the ensuing years of mothering four more is love. Not how much I loved him and them but how much they loved me. The love of my first born son woke up a whole new piece of my heart. The relationship of mother and child is beyond the beyond. It was a continual shock for me to not only love this little being but to find that he returned much more love to me. Motherhood is such a privilege, if you take decent care of a child they adore you. Feed me, change my diapers now and then and you can do no wrong. Women who care for their own children have the best look at the love of God as this innocent being reflects that love all day and night. Yes they can be fussy and demanding but how simple the cure for their demands. Babies, like God, have a desire to be loved first and foremost from their mothers. 

The love that I felt from my first son, the way he loved me in return for so little is something I now equate with Gods love. I didn't know God then but I met him in Billy. That was 36 years ago. 

It was a difficult decision for me not to work after the birth of our son. The job was expecting me back and of course we needed the money. My husband said we will make it work and so we did. One of the best decisions we ever made. We learned to enjoy the simplest things in life. 

As the family grew and Billy grew up the world changed dramatically. Feminism and the equal rights movement took hold and women no matter how they acted could do no wrong. I was too busy caring for and raising my family to realize how different the world, I sent the boys into, was from the one my husband and I had grown up in. 

The world wants to tell you that it is normal to despise the morals and values you were raised with but it is not normal it is pitiable. For those members of our society who are under 40 years of age it is almost impossible to see through the deplorable moral mess we are in. As they entered college the Catholic moral influence flew out the window to be replaced with women laced in birth control and no boundaries. Drugs, alcohol and women can't compare with a mother who raised her sons not even drinking coffee.

I believe the greatest difficulty that comes between Mother and child is when their conscience echoes the voice and example of mother. Run run run as fast as you can but you can not run away from your God given conscience or the influence of God fearing parents. When you loose site of the love of your mother because our culture is drowning in lies it is a constant struggle between God and evil.  

Our Bishop, Peter Labashi has asked for the Christ child to be front and center of the Churches in his diocese so as to bring back the true meaning of Christmas. It is the birthday of Christ, he is already with us. I for one love the focus to be on a child, not only is the Christ child missing in our world but children, babies! Young families who go over the two child allotment are seen as being irresponsible.

My own mother who is ninety years old and has spent a better part of her later years watching Oprah Winfrey and other very progressive women on television made what was a shocking statement. We were having lunch, she looked right at me and said, "Margie, were are the children? Oprah Winfrey is a wonderful woman she does so much for the poor and gives away so much of her wealth. She is the roll model for the young women the generation who are now not marrying, not having children. Oprah never married, she never had children."  She also pointed out several of the other prominent women of our times. Women she idolized but had come to understand the powerful yet defeating influence they have had on our society.

Women have to work very hard to live against the natural God given desire to bring life into the world. Our bodies are set up both emotionally and physically to nurture and bring life into this world so starved for love.

God himself is purifying our world and will turn all of this around. We must stand strong and together behind our Pope and Clergy who are preaching and teaching the truth. We must admonish those who refer to the culture of relativism. Every family is struggling right along with you. Keep watch and pray, for the Savior of our world is with us.

Margaret of Souls for JESUS

No comments: