Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 2016

At Mass this morning I heard these words from St. Luke's gospel, 4:18: "I came to bring good  news to the poor and to heal the broken hearted."

The words of Pope Francis that for me get to the heart of the matter was his parting statement when biding Farwell to the people of the Phillipines. "Live in your heart, live from your heart."

There was so much screaming yet I was able to hear what he was saying. While he was in the United States, I was sick in bed for the week, so I heard most every word. He is perfect for our times. I listened very carefully. He was tender, kind and very honest with us. He was respectful to us as a nation but frankly pointed out our need to  reevaluate were we are and where we are going.

In the coming months of 2016 I think it would be wise to examine what is rolling  off our tongue coming  from our own heart. Jesus is among us to heal wounded hearts and to set us free.  A free pure spirit bares much fruit for the Kingdom of Heaven.

I was a very angry person  as I have expressed in the past. I will be forever grateful to the priest who helped me over the course of years to clean up my heart and make it more like that of the Mother of Jesus.  Let's make 2016 a year of surrender, surrender your soul to the Mother of Jesus and allow her to bring you humbly to the Feet of her Son.
Let the purification process begin.

God bless,
Margaret of souls for Jesus

No comments: