Monday, May 30, 2016

Feast of the Visitation

May 31st is the Feast of the Visitation. Most of my life I have had one friend who for a particular period of time I would call my best friend. The woman I went to Ireland was my, best friend Patty. We became friends around the age of 12 because we rode horses at my Aunt Gins farm, (Glean Maura). Patty lived in a different town and attended a very good Catholic girls school. I haled from Hopkinton High School. My religious formation was very good up through sixth grade and then it was over. That was the mid sixties when all hell was breaking loose and morally the world around us began to decay. Patty was and still is the most faithful person I have ever met. Her answer for everything was, "offer it up Margie, just offer it up." When you read about the Fatima Angels and how they taught the children to learn to offer everything and look for things to offer you would expect that somewhere along the line in Patty's earlier years an angel taught her as well. For her the angels were the nuns.

Patty has lived the life of Job as an adult and to this day there has been no rescue. She is an amazingly wonderful person and smiles even when it hurts. While traveling she told me it was her Catholic education that saved her life to this point. She stays close to the Mother of God to this day, "Offers everything up." As a young person I had no idea what she meant by this offering but I chose to follow suite and do the same. Patty taught me what the Angels taught the children of Fatima. For fifty three years we have helped each other in good times and in bad.
All grounded in the message of Fatima that only today as I read the story did I realize were it came from. I am sure there are many Catholic school kids our age who somewhere deep down still, "offer it up.' IF YOU DO THESE ARTICLES WILL REMIND YOU OF WHY AND IF YOU DON'T PERHAPS YOU CAN START NOW.

This Apostolate of "Women Espoused to Purity," is based on the relationship of Mary and Elizabeth. One woman to another helping each other, trying to understand what had happened and what was God doing in their lives. Were do we go from here?? This is what women do, this is the Sisterhood of Women. Mary was young and unmarried and Elizabeth was way too old to be pregnant. Both absurd situations yet God knew they would be good for each other. Two women who needed each other's heart felt support as we all do. "Wherever two or more are gathered in My Name there I will be in the midst of them."

When another woman comes to you and her troubles seem to big for you to help with, remember that God is there in your midst, the greatest Helper the Holy Spirit will speak through you. Jesus has already died for whatever sins have been committed. We are not alone we are never alone. We have holy priests waiting to hear the confession of a repentant sinner.

Peace and Love,
~Margaret of Souls for Jesus

banners-17C  If you missed last nights program (Sunday, May 29 at 8:30PM Eastern time)  where David Carollo joined Fr. Apostoli  to discuss the 1916 Apparitions of the Angel of Peace at Fatima, here's a few links from Fr. Apostoli's series of articles on the subject:
  • http://wafusa.org/2016-centenary-of-the-fatima-angel-apparitions-3rd-angel-apparition/



Sister Lucia said these were an important part of their preparation for the message of Our Lady. The children learned much from the Angel and responded by living his instructions with great devotion. This allowed them to respond to Our Lady’s request with great enthusiasm and generosity.

No comments: