Saturday, December 24, 2016

Advent 2016, Christmas Eve

I  have not posted much during Advent because I kept thinking things would get better. This has been the most difficult Advent of my life.  I am not from a family of die hard Catholics, as a matter of fact myself, my husband and one 30 year old son are the only practicing Catholics in the family. The year of Mercy has apparently done nothing to convince any of my blood relatives of their need for Christ and redemption.   As the press beats up on Donald Trump, my immediate family is pummeling me. Electing a president who challenges the Godless society of our time you would think to have made things better. Not yet.

A long time Catholic friend of mine said, I love saying "Merry Christmas," again. So that is a start.

For my entire life I have looked to Advent as a time of Hope, and Joy. This year, as in others, it seems that most of the closest people to me want to steal the Joy, the magic of new life in Christ.  I am making a choice right now to say no to the darkness and walk in the light.  To be Joy and Hope to any and all who are open to receive it and to pray, pray, pray for those who are still struggling to believe in the loving gift of the Christ Child. It is about the Fathers gift of his only Son to us. The gift of salvation and everlasting life. The message is profound because it goes with us into eternity.
I guess my message for this Christmas is to make peace with your enemies as best you can and accept the things you can not change.  I am giving my family to the Holy Family and praying for the entire world. We all fall short of the Glory of God.
In His precious Love,
~Margaret of souls for Jesus

No comments: