Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 1, 2017 First day of Lent

As I listened to the Homily on the EWTN Mass this morning I was reminded of
an encounter I had with Jesus many years ago.

I was so happy to be back in the Roman Catholic church I did all I could
possibly fit into a 24 hour period to find Jesus the one my heart loved so
much. I was blessed to live near the Fatima Shrine in Holliston, Ma. were
there were lots of priests and Masses as well as my own family parish of
St. Mary's. I was raising my family and doing as much as I had time for to
serve the church. CCD, RCIA, lots of programs at the Fatima Shrine for
families and children. I also took up praying three rosaries per night.
I was especially happy one day and went to the tabernacle to keep company
with Jesus. As I knelt down I heard, "You did not pursue me I pursued you,
feed my sheep." I fell to my knees jaw dropping, shocked that I was not in
charge of this relationship with the King. In fact it was Jesus who
steered my heart towards him and not the other way around. It seemed odd
that he would ask me to, Feed my sheep as I was not educated for this. I
had done some serious Bible studies and knew the Catholic faith from
childhood. When you say yes I believe the teachings of the Catholic Church
and try to live them yourself you can't steer anyone wrong.

The homilist on EWTN today suggested that we might as well let Jesus find
us as he already knows all about us. As the woman at the well, was Jesus
really in need of water or was he thirsting for her Love. I would say LOVE.
God already knows all about us so why not bring any of our well kept
secrets to the sacrament of reconciliation and remove any block between
ourselves and the Heart of Jesus.

The homily today on EWTN was exceptional and a great gift for beginning
lent. Click the link above here and listen a couple of times.

Blessings and Love
~Margaret of Souls for Jesus

No comments: