Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary May 31, 2017

"My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!"
As I see it this feast day and what it represents has deep meaning to all of mankind and especially to women. As any woman reading this will attest to we do not act as solitary guardians of our faith and family. In order to keep our self, marriage and family connected to God we need at least one solid trusted friend to help us effectively sort out the every day problems of family life. Mary and Elizabeth were on the ground floor of a new
beginning for mankind. Very important  position they were given by God Himself through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I don't think I have ever read more humble  positive words than the greetings that Elizabeth and Mary
"Who am I that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?"
gave to each other upon meeting and being given the knowledge that they were both chosen by God to make a huge impact on the world. There was no jealousy, no pride, no indication that God didn't really mean what He said. They simply served each other and God in a way many women still do. I believe Jesus has asked for women espoused to purity to serve each other and those sent to us by saying yes I can help you find a better way to live than that which the world has taught you. I believe that with loving patience and care we can change this world filled with hypocrisy back to normal. Normal is being who you are called to be.

Helping women understand normal and discern right from wrong.  When I am questioning a situation I go back one hundred years and ask my self, "what if I was living back then? how would I rite the rest of the story?" Would I need help or would I say, " I can do this all myself?" All human beings need each other and a like minded community but in extraordinary times like these we need like minded women in a serious way.

The morning I took the picture used as the header of this blog; the Mother of God brought me into the guest room on the opposite side of the house were I normally sleep with my husband. She told me, "abortion has destroyed the sisterhood of women." Then she urged me to take this picture which came out all blue.

At this point in our history young women are marching and saying wake up stop killing your children, we need to support them and all who are coming to understand the meaning of Holy Mother Hood. We need to re prioritize as the foundation of the world is cracked and it will take  more than putty to repair it. It is never to late to change but it takes humility and repentance. Only Mary the Mother of God is  with out sin yet we are expected to carry on the mission entrusted to her and Elizabeth. We need to reboot the meaning of woman and mother. We need to give the men in our world the responsibility they were called to have - give then back there manhood. We are all needy creatures. We all need lots of hugs to get through the day. And of course we all need to put God and others before ourselves.

I began my day with a rosary of gratitude to my Mother Mary and to the priest who has helped me and my husband guide our family. It is so good to say Thank You, I am most grateful. AMEN

Many Blessings on this special day,

~Margaret of Souls for Jesus



No comments: