Monday, August 28, 2017

Feast Day of St. Augustine

St. Monica and St. Augustine
On this seriously important feast day we must celebrate motherhood and the rewards of fervent prayer especially that of a mother. It is good to take note of the bad boy she was praying for. Politically he was set against the church. He had more than a few relationships with women and in fact fathered a son he loved very much.

Because I have five sons and spend hours that have turned into years praying for their conversion and subsequent service to Jesus and His Church, I for a time, built up resentment towards
Augustine for his delay in responding to the love of God and his mother. To be honest I still get a bit tight when confronted with my own sons and their lack of response reflecting on the life of St Augustine. I hope some day to have a talkwith this great Saint about just what took him so long!

For now I am almost content with waiting,  praying and wondering why most
of the world is taking such a long time to bend their knees.

God is always loving and pouring out grace on all of us.

~Margaret of Souls for Jesus

No comments: