Sunday, December 31, 2017

Feast of the Holy Family

Today I will begin to explain my own life and how I came to be such a strong believer in the need for holy, pure families.
This is not something I came up with or decided on my own. I have been just as led astray by the world as any one else. For me in the beginning I was born the forth daughter of Mary and Joseph. Italian mother and Irish father.
I have always enjoyed spending time alone and had a close connection to all the beautiful people on the murals and paintings at our church, St. John the Evangelist in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.

At around the age of four I was playing alone some were out side our house and had an encounter with the Holy Family. I remember it vividly. They just showed up were I was making mud pies out of sand. (That is not possible, mud pies need dirt and water.) We stared at each other, I remember great joy permeating my body. Now who would believe this? I went to the same place the next day, a large black snake had taken the place of my "Holy Family."
I became hysterical and ran to my parents screaming, "a snake has taken my Holy Family."
Upon my insistence my father took me by the hand and came to the place were I had been playing. There was nothing but sand, no snake and no "Holy Family."

An authentic experience of God leaves an indelible imprint on the person who has it. This event has been part of why I am driven to at least bring my family up in an atmosphere of Holy Faith in the one true God and the one true church. This was an experience that proved to be very opposite to the atmosphere that I was raised in.

To be continued,
Margaret of Souls for Jesus

No comments: