Thursday, November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018 Terror of demons, Fount of renewal

Feast of St. Albert the Great

Rocked to the core again!
Just minutes after clicking send on my last email, I got the news that the Vatican had shut down the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) from taking any official action on the sexual abuse scandal.   
Again, I was rocked to the core.   Some problems will resolve by themselves with the passage of time.  This one will not.  It will only get worse because this is an active attack on the Church by the evil one.
While our Bishops look for ways to increase accountability and transparency there is no number of administrative acts that can resolve this.  Renewal through grace is the answer.  This renewal and grace are the promise of Our Lady of America.
On this date in 1956, the Blessed Virgin made this request of the Bishops:
(from the messages)


On the morning of November 15, 1956, Our Lady taught me this little prayer: "By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, deliver us from evil.” Our Lady then asked me to draw a picture of her first appearance. She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin.’


Sr Mary Ephrem goes on to write about Our Lady describing the situation:


From January 1957 to 1958, Our Lady's warnings came to me again and again. These are her words spoken in January 1957: "The hour grows late. My Son's patience will not last forever. Help me hold back His anger, which is about to descend on sinful and ungrateful men. Suffering and anguish, such as never before experienced, is about to overtake mankind. It is the darkest hour. But if men will come to me, my Immaculate Heart will make it bright again with the mercy which my Son will rain down through my hands. Help me save those who will not save themselves. Help me bring once again the sunshine of God's peace upon the world." To my spiritual director I was asked to send this message: “Hurry, my son, for the time is short but the punishment will be long, and for many, forever. "Tell the Bishops of the United States, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out. Through him who is head over you, make known the longings of my Immaculate Heart to establish the reign of my Divine Son in the hearts of men and thus save them from the scourge of heaven, both now and hereafter." Our Lady, again addressing herself to me, spoke sadly yet hopefully: "My daughter, will my children in America listen to my pleadings and console my Immaculate Heart? Will my loyal sons carry out my desires and thus help me bring the peace of Christ once again to mankind? 'Pray and do penance, my sweet child, that this may come to pass. Trust me and love me; I so desire it. Do not forget your poor Mother, who weeps over the loss of so many of her children."


And Our Lady promises renewal as well:


"I am pleased, my child, with the love and honor my children in America give to me, especially through my glorious and unique privilege of the Immaculate Conception. I promise to reward their love by working through the power of my Son's Heart and my Immaculate Heart miracles of grace among them. I do not promise miracles of the body, but of the soul."


While Our Lady has a multitude of titles, there is one that comes to mind for this moment; Terror of demons
The evil of the acts at the root of the sexual abuse scandal and constant attacks on the Church are both from the same source – Satan.   
Please pray the Rosary for Our Lady, Terror of demons to free our Church from demonic oppression.  And pray the Rosary to Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin that the acts she requests of our Bishops be accomplished with haste and the spiritual renewal to begin.  Do this in unity with Our Lady for the salvation of souls!
By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception O Mary, deliver us from evil.

No comments: