Sunday, February 3, 2019

Feast of the Presentation of the Lord

Feast of the Presentation of the Lord
                                                          Dan Lynch
February 1, 2019
 
“The Lord will come with mighty power, and give light to the eyes of all who serve him, alleluia.” Antiphon for lighting of candles.

February 2 is the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord. On this Feast, candles are lit as a symbolic representation of the words of the prophet Simeon concerning Christ as a “light of revelation to the Gentiles.” (Lk. 2:32).

St. John Paul II referred to the Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe and  prophesied, “The light of the Gospel of Christ will shine out over the whole world by means of the miraculous image of His Mother.


Please help us to realize the fulfillment of his prophecy by your support of Visitations of the Missionary Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe  to bring the light of the Gospel of Christ to the whole world.

Visitation Consoles Abortive Mother

A mother wrote to me and said that her girlfriend dragged her to see the Missionary Image. She was raised Catholic, but wasn’t following the Church’s teachings on faith or morals. She thought her friend was a religious fanatic but she went along.

Her friend brought her to see the Missionary Image at a Planned Parenthood abortion center in San Jose, California. This was the very place where the mother had aborted two of her children.

She said,
I stood there at that place and looked at the Missionary Image. Mary and I had a moment together. She consoled me and told me interiorly that I was to be a mother and have more children.

Unbelievably, at the age of 35 I went on to have three more children! Thanks be to God for your apostolate. I am in the pro-life apostolate and I know how discouraging it can be. I just wanted to take a moment to tell you that your yeast has grown and bubbled into my life and I am forever grateful.

No comments: