Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Family Update

John 15, 13-15 ~ "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  You are My friends if you do what I command."

If you are not aware of the latest life changes for my family, Bill, Dan and I have moved to North Carolina. We arrived on Dec. 1st with Savoy and a truck load of furniture and household goods we have accumulated over our 40 years of marriage. Our beloved Golden retriever Savoy made the trip also. My Scotch terrier, and beloved friend of 13 years did not make it. She had cancer and passed a few weeks before we left. This seems a wonderful move for us, very unexpected as we were planning to take up permanent residence at our home in Colebrook, NH. I believe it is about 60 degrees warmer here in Supply, NC so we are pleased with the choice God was good and wise enough to urge us to make.

Already so many wonderful surprises but the best is our new church home, Sacred Heart Parish in South Port, NC. As a catholic couple and son who offer up our suffering for the world, we have serious struggles with our family, most if not all, have left the faith. From my Mother and siblings, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. It is very difficult to watch your loved ones suffer out side of Christ. Life is difficult but with God you can find Joy in almost everything. Having 5 sons all raised in the faith and not practicing or even entertaining Mass and the Sacraments for themselves and their families is torture at times. One of the 5; Dan, is very prayerful.

At Mass on Christmas Day I looked up at this beautiful stained glass depiction of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, thinking how beautiful yet painful this day is. He said, "I pour My Blood on you and your friends who worship Me the way you do, in purity of heart." This gave me peace and I wanted to pass it on. Later in the day and since we have arrived on Dec. 1st; there have been many signs of "God with us." I will share some at a later date, for now, some of the boys and their families are due to arrive for a few days so Peace be with us.

Most sincerely,
~Margaret of Souls for Jesus

No comments: