Saturday, July 21, 2018

Feast of St Mary Magdalene

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, my husband and I had the great privilege of going to Isreal on pilgrimage.  We traveled with a group from Corpus Christi parish in Portsmouth, NH. May of 2018.

We had a private Mass every day celebrated at a different Holy site in Jerusalem.  The Mass was celebrated by Reverend Gary Belliveau, assisted by Seminarians Joseph and Daniel. 

The Mass at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre was celebrated at the altar in front of this mosaic. This scene of Jesus nailed to the cross with His mother above Him and St. Mary Magdalene crouched beside Him seemingly as close as she could get, gave me a deeper prospective of the importance of St Mary Magdalene.  Having the most Holy Mother present at the final hours of His earthy life I am sure brought great comfort to Jesus.  As I stared at the scene I was drawn to  an even deeper reality. I realized that St Mary Magdalene was proof of the healing action of the love of Jesus.  I saw that she was a great comfort to Him. His love had transformed her as it would every sinner who would choose Him to the end of time. 

The deciples had scattered, yet Mary of Madagla found the courage to be at the side of Jesus when surely she should have run with the rest of His friends.  The freedom that St Mary received from Jesus gave her a commitment to love Him to the very end. The Holy Spirit had not yet been poured out at Pentecost. St Mary due to gratitude and love risked everything to try to be of some comfort to Jesus.  To spend every last second with Him and then to be found outside His tomb the following morning.  She had great love and courage with the intimate knowledge that He was Who He claimed to be, The Savior, The Son of God.  He set her free, gave her new life. This is His desire for all mankind, to know His love and mercy. 

As I observed the Priest saying Mass with his back towards us at the Church of the Holy Seplica I had a vision of the cross as part of the body of the Priest.  These words were spoken to me. "I will save the world through my Holy Priest Hood, this priest represents all of the past Priests,  the present Priest and the future Priests. "  

So as women espoused to Purity we are espoused to the church through the Holy Priest Hood.  We are called to pray and offer suffering for the Priest who is called to bring the world home to Jesus.  "Every knee must bend, every tongue confess that Jesus  Christ is Lord."

Most sincerely, 
Margaret of souls for Jesus 

No comments: