Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2nd, July 2nd, July 2nd

Perhaps as long as 25 years ago I took a trip with my husband to San Francisco. He was there on business so I spent my days alone. First thing I look for is the closest daily Mass. There was a time when every hotel had a board with a list of all the religious services and times for the convenience of patrons. Most readers are too young to even know this. The church behind the Moscone Center was very much pre-Vatican II, An experience I had not had in many years and never had I been in a Church were the statues were worn out in the feet from being kissed and rubbed. The Mass was fast and we received Communion at the altar rail on our knees. I do not know the dates of our trip probably early fall.
One morning I was in a deep sleep and woke up to a vision of the Crucifix much like the one in the picture, I heard the words, " July 2nd." I quickly fell asleep and again woke to the same vision, and once again a third time, " July 2nd." The Crucifix had a green hue around it. Of course I was puzzled as to what it meant but quite accustomed to the  "Mysteries of God." I got up and dressed for the day. I became aware of a visitor, a spiritual person sitting by my side. I knew it was Jesus and was very unsure of why He was with me. Not knowing what to do I simply asked if He wanted to take a trip to the ocean with me and sure enough I got on the trolley with my Companion at my side. We also went on a planned tour for the wives of employees to the Victorian Mansions. Went back to the room had dinner with my husband and went to bed. 
When I returned home  I went immediately to the basement and open the drawer of an old bureau.  In it was a daily devotional book from the pre-Vatican II era. I opened the book to were someone had left the back binding as it had fallen off. The page was July 2nd and it was the Feast of the Visitation. The book had been given to me by a woman who had left the Catholic Church after Vatican ll. She went to a tent meeting with some evangelist and converted to Baptist.
I  told the prayer group what had happened. One friend immediately said that July 2nd or the number 72 was a perfect number and that 72 was the churches perfect number. All of this happened many years ago. I have never understood what it all meant. Green is the color of healing. I see myself as a person who has loved Jesus and the church for so many years and as an evangelist. So when I put the dates of the Birthday of John the Baptist and the date of July 2nd together to find it a perfect 9 day novena I knew I was coming to the understanding of my mission. As Jesus and his Mother have asked me to bring women together who espouse Purity, to restore the sisterhood of women I realize He has been laying the ground work for years. I am very pleased that the Pope has made elevated the Memorial of St. Mary Magdalene to a Feast Day. I will plan a Novena for this as well. 
For years I have sat with women in their kitchens over tea and talked about the need to return to the Catholic Church. We talked about our sins and confusion on issues surrounding the culture we are living in. I have watched as the Mass has become a much more attractive celebration of love and devotion to the message and sacrifice of Jesus. I believe that now is the time to do everything possible to follow the message of Love and Mercy and to turn this ship around. To bring the pure message of Jesus and His Church to the world.

May the Holy Mother of God and her cousin, St. Elizabeth, be an ever present inspiration to all women. May we help each other to attain purity.
~Margaret of Souls for Jesus

No comments: