Thursday, April 26, 2018

You Shall Believe - SUNDAY APRIL 29, 2018 – FIFTH SUNDAY OF EASTER

GOSPEL - JN 15:1-8
Jesus said to his disciples:
 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower.
He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit,
 and every one that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit.
 You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you.
 Remain in me, as I remain in you.
 Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
 unless it remains on the vine,
 so neither can you unless you remain in me.
I am the vine, you are the branches.
 Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,
 because without me you can do nothing.
 Anyone who does not remain in me
 will be thrown out like a branch and wither;
 people will gather them and throw them into a fire
 and they will be burned.
 If you remain in me and my words remain in you,
 ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.
 By this is my Father glorified,
 that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.”

The Catechism of the Catholic Church
2074  Jesus says: “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. ”The fruit referred to in this saying is the holiness of a life made fruitful by union with Christ. When we believe in Jesus Christ, partake of his mysteries, and keep his commandments, the Savior himself comes to love, in us, his Father and his brethren, our Father and our brethren. His person becomes, through the Spirit, the living and interior rule of our activity. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

From “The Great Crusade of Mercy” Testimony of Catalina Rivas (CM 87:1-9)
1) Do not worry; your suffering will not increase…Are you not helping Me with your little cross? Continue to smile; continue to enjoy loving Me and pay no attention to any attack that is not Mine but which I permit in order to strengthen you.
2) Who bears fruit in Me? Which are the vine shoots that the Father will prune so that they will bear fruit in greater abundance?
3) I am not asking for positive responses from you; I am asking for sincerity from all, and in particular, from each one of you. Do not forget the graces you have received.
4) Are you bearing no fruit, My parched shoot? Then it is necessary to detach yourself from Me,
Eternal Life and delicate food.
5) You ought to greatly reflect on that point and not skip it, or even worse, neglect it. To be with Me and not to bear fruit signifies hardness of heart. All My shoots must bear fruit, that is, for the honor of the vine and the pleasure of the vine grower who is My Father.
6) I preferred the image of the vine because it was intended to have an effect on millions of creatures who through My Words have been saved, are being saved and will be saved. The grape is a fruit pleasing to all and it requires the great care of the vine grower as well as the sap from the vine.
7) Well then, whether it be the vine grower or the vine, they require many grapes that are beautiful and tasty. I give them My moisture, My vine shoots, transmitting My life into each and every one. The vital sap which will bear fruit flows in you through My branches. Then the vine grower will come with his whole family to harvest the grapes.
8) Remain with Me and you shall become sweet clusters of grapes filled with divine nectar. Stay
united and you shall be My fruit, My beauty, and you shall possess My flavor.
9) I am the life, you are the vine shoots. From the vine the vine shoots, from the shoots the fruit, from the fruit the wine, and later from the wine the joy of the Heavenly vine grower and of all those who before you have been transformed by My work of Redemption and glorification.

No comments: